BIK Hannam not only educates students to high academic standards, but also nurtures them to be confident and considerate global citizens. Everything our young people do is achieved through the medium of English and is aimed at developing academically successful, emotionally mature and well-rounded individuals.
Graduates of BIK are well equipped for the new challenges that come on the next step of their educational journey. This is especially true when one considers the Five Core-Values of BIK education that all students benefit from.
- Self-esteem allows children to face life with more confidence and optimism.
- BIK teachers are positive role models and seek to maintain a very positive atmosphere in the classroom. Teachers seek opportunities to give praise when their students choose to do ‘the right thing’.
- Independence is a requirement for leading one’s life with the confidence to govern oneself.
At BIK we don’t say that adults are the only positive role-models; we encourage our students to be leaders in the student body and show each other the ‘right thing to do’.
We promote children’s self-esteem within the context of making their own positive and correct decisions.
- We are living in a world which demands that leaders are creative problem solvers.
- BIK students participate in daily curricular activities to foster their creativity. Students are given opportunities that guarantee creative expression, with constant encouragement to let their personalities and instincts shine through.
- With over 20 different cultures and backgrounds at BIK, diversity provides a lesson to be comfortable with and open to those things that distinguish.
- Giving to and sharing with others are important virtues of a global leader. Through a fraternal relationship with both the Green Umbrella Childfund and the Myongdo Welfare Centre, BIK Students learn what giving and sharing are and put them into practice. With such education, our children learn to understand various kinds of people in the world.
- A healthy body sets the stage for students’ day-to-day well-being and allows them to live an active life.
- With a curriculum that promotes physical development, a BIK student is ensured of an exciting time when visiting our gym hall for athletics, gymnastics as well as a routine that includes daily outdoor activities.